Anesthesia Technicians / Technologists
San Diego, CA
ERP International, LLC (www.erpinternational.com
) is currently seeking full-time and PRN Anesthesia Technicians/Technologists to support the surgical services at Naval Medical Center San Diego in San Diego, CA. Please apply online to learn more about this great opportunity!
Education: Minimum HS Diploma; Completion of an Anesthesia Technician/Technologist training program, or verifiable on-the-job training
License/Certification and Training: Basic Life Support (BLS), ASATT certification preferred, but not mandatory
Experience: Minimum 1 year recent experience performing as an Anesthesia Technologist or Technician
Security: Must be a US Citizen and must be able to pass a government background check
Primary schedule will be dayshift, Monday-Friday between 7:30am - 3:30pm
Evening shift, Monday-Friday between 3:30pm - 11:30pm
Night shift, Monday-Friday between 11:30pm-7:30am
Occasional overtime (time and one-half) and rotating weekends and/or holidays (1 in 10)
Part-Time/PRN staff may work any shift
Job Specific Duties:
The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for setting up anesthesia equipment in each operating room prior to the beginning of the scheduled OR day to include : an anesthesia machine , breathing circuits, a wide variety of patient monitors, suction and other disposable or re-cleanable equipment that might be required. Personnel are required to maintain a standard anesthesia “Blue Bell” cart to ensure all appropriate drugs and supplies are available to the anesthesia providers for use in other locations within the facility. Remove all special and reusable equipment after completion of case and responsible for cleaning equipment in accordance with Hospital Infection Control policies for prevention of disease transmission.
- Set up IV lines and pressure lines for specialty cases including central venous pressure, arterial and pulmonary artery catheters, and calibrate cardiac output equipment catheters. This will be done in conjunction with assisting anesthesia providers in placement of various invasive monitors to include central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, and arterial lines. This will require an understanding of sterile technique. Personnel will also be required to perform laboratory tests in these same specialty cases as agreed upon by Anesthesia and Laboratory Services.
- Be available to respond to anesthesia supply and equipment requests while surgical cases are ongoing. This requires careful and thoughtful response to a wide variety of requests often in stressful and urgent situations.
- Develop knowledge of equipment including (but not limited to) anesthesia machines, electronic monitoring equipment and optical diagnostic equipment. This is in order to conduct basic quality control and troubleshoot said equipment.
- Understand and operate the auto transfusion machine (cell saver) and related equipment in both scheduled and emergent surgical cases.
- Be able to respond to remote areas of the medical center within a timely manner to include but not limited to Medical Emergencies, diagnostic radiology suites and out of the OR anesthesia sites.
- In addition, personnel must be willing to perform other anesthesia related duties when called upon.
- Maintain professional competency through active participation in independent study, cross training, inservices, seminars, symposiums, grand rounds, and dialogue with colleagues.
- Maintain active security clearance in accordance with the Commands regulation to access computer systems and IT related software such as Email, CHCS, AHLTA, and Essentris.
- Maintain required documentation to include but not limited to; Daily Code Cart checks, Daily Room/Offsite location “Stocking checklist/reports and Training Reports.
- Be able to provide services that require long hours of continuous activity, often working in cramped spaces while other operating equipment is in use and be able to push and lift heavy anesthesia equipment to and from remote locations in the hospital and assist with the transport of patients.
- Be able to provide services that require exposes personnel to contagious and potentially fatal diseases including but not limited to HIV and Hepatitis through patient contact. Personnel will also be exposed frequently to high levels of radiation from diagnostic radiology equipment in the execution of their duties.
- Be able to provide services that require personnel to work in a highly stressful environment during situations with extremely short response times and critical accuracy requirements.
About ERP International, LLC
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide.
ERP's commitment and dedication to its customers was most recently reflected in an independent Dun and Bradstreet customer satisfaction rating in which ERP earned a customer satisfaction rating of 95 percent. Our exceptional customer rating ranks the company among the top five percent of all companies receiving the Dunn and Bradstreet rating.
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k), training and education opportunities, and semi-monthly direct deposit.
ERP is an Equal Opportunity Emloyer - Disability and Veteran.