Physician - Psychiatrist
Eglin AFB, FL
ERP International, LLC (www.erpinternational.com) is currently seeking a Psychiatrist for a full-time position supporting the Eglin Regional Hospital at Eglin AFB, near Fort Walton Beach, FL. Please apply online or contact our Recruiter at (301) 490-0080 x210 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Education: Graduate of an approved medical school, M.D. or D.O.; completion of a residency in Psychiatry
Experience: 24 months full-time experience within the last 36 months
Security: Requires a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
License/Certification and Training: Active/unrestricted license from any state; ABPN board certification; BLS (may be obtained upon acceptance)
Normal schedule is 7:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
Some flexibility required for completion of services/appointments
No weekends or holidays
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
The Psychiatrist shall perform a full range and spectrum of comprehensive specialty care onsite at the MTF. Workload includes the evaluation and treatment of emergent, urgent, and non-emergent patients, normally ranging in age as young as 18 years to over 65 years. Workload is a result of scheduled appointments, walk-ins to the clinic from other departments, walk-ins for specific diagnoses, telephone calls, and consult requests. The Psychiatrist will practice within the guidelines set by the credentialing office of the 96 MDG and the Medical Director. The Psychiatrist’s productivity is expected to be comparable to that of the other civilian and military Psychiatrists assigned to the same facility/similar facilities and authorized the same scope of practice. The Psychiatrist will meet the Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) standard for Eglin Air Force Base for Relative Value Units (RVUs). The MGMA standard is updated annually on the fiscal year. It is the Contractor’s responsibility to contact Medical Logistics for an updated copy.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Examines, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats psychiatric disorders.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains and evaluates data through interview techniques.
- Diagnoses psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes and evaluates effectiveness of a wide range of therapeutic measures.
- Shall be guided by the MTF formulary for prescriptions. Drugs not appearing on the formulary must be pre-approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Recommends disposition of psychiatric cases.
- Advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of mental disorders.
- Serves as medical and psychiatric consultant to clinical psychologists and clinical social workers.
- Advises on kind and quantity of psychiatric supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates psychiatric services with other medical activities.
- Instructs interns and residents in psychiatric principles and procedures.
- Shall be able to demonstrate proficiency in delivering Psychiatry services in a military healthcare setting within 6 months of start date.
- Documentation. Contractor employees shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established MTF standards, to include, but not limited to: timeliness, accuracy, content, and signature. Contractor employees shall only use MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations for documentation in the patient health records and follow the MTF’s Do Not Use Abbreviation List. (AFI 44-172 / AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, 5 November 2013)
- Medical Records Documentation. Health care providers shall complete medical records documentation within 72 business hours of the encounter with the patient.
- Coding. Contractor employees shall use the proper coding of procedures and treatment, and shall maintain coding accuracy (CPT/E&M/procedure) at the same standard, 90% or higher, as military and civil service health care providers engaged in comparable work.
- Shall respect and maintain the basic rights of patients, demonstrating concern for personal dignity and human relationships. Providers receiving complaints validated by the FRED, COR and Chief of the Medical Staff shall be subject to counseling and, depending on the nature and severity of the complaint, separation from performing services under this contract.
- Shall maintain open and professional communication with members of the MTF staff, MTF customers, and other contractor employees. COR will report valid complaints in writing to the CO for action. Valid complaints will be considered a performance failure. The contractor shall resolve all substantiated complaints immediately upon notification of the complaint, and no later than the suspense date provided by the CO, or designated representative.
- Shall possess ability to acquire and use basic computer skills to enter patient data and extract patient’s information, from a variety of sources to include Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and Integrated Clinical Database (ICDB).
- Annual Ongoing Competency Requirements. All contractor employees are required to attend any training deemed mandatory by the Squadron Commander, Chief of the Medical Staff, Clinic Supervisor, and/or MTF regulating agencies. Training requirements mirror the military active duty specialty working in the same patient care setting. The following are examples, but not limited to: medical group/unit specific orientation, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Patient Safety, Customer Service, Computer Security and Mental Health training.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Requirements. Health care providers registered or certified by national/medical associations shall continue to meet the minimum standards for CME to remain current as prescribed in AFI 41-117, Medical Service Officer Education. CME shall be obtained at no additional cost to the Government and reported to the COR annually on the first normal duty day in January for the previous calendar year. Periodic CME may be available at the MTF, at no cost to the contractor, to any health care provider desiring to attend. A minimum of 60 Category I hours must have been accomplished within the last 3 years.
About ERP International, LLC
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 28 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is a Small Business headquartered in Laurel, MD. ERP maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide.
ERP's commitment and dedication to its customers was most recently reflected in an independent Dun and Bradstreet customer satisfaction rating in which ERP earned a customer satisfaction rating of 95 percent. Our exceptional customer rating ranks the company among the top five percent of all companies receiving the Dunn and Bradstreet rating. Washington Technology and Inc. Magazine have both ranked ERP among the fastest growing firms in the nation for 2014.
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k), training and education opportunities, and semi-monthly direct deposit.