Clinical Research Coordinator / Administrator or
Clinical Research Nurse
ERP International, LLC (www.erpinternational.com
) is currently seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator / Administrator for a full-time position supporting the US AF School of Aerospace Medicine, Aeromedical Research Department functions at the Shock Trauma Center of the University of Maryland Medical Center. Please apply online to learn more about this great opportunity!
Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree in a biological science or related field of study; Master's Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum 5 years' experience in clinical research, including:
- Human subject's protections, regulatory affairs, and data collection
- Pre-clinical research, clinical research and research coordination
- Preparation of grant proposal packages
- Education/simulation research
- Healthcare background with knowledge of patient care and medical records
- Training in basic science research, data management, principles of epidemiology, emergency health care, and statistics
- Certification as a research coordinator highly desired
Security: Must be a US Citizen and must be able to pass a government background check
Normal work hours are Monday - Friday, 7am to 4pm, with a one hour lunch
Work hours may vary dependent upon tasks and need, but will not exceed 40 hours per week
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
- Coordinate military related research support. Coordinate and participate in all operational aspects of basic science, pre-clinical, device, simulation, cadaver, and clinical research projects conducted by 71lHPW, USAFSAM/FHE, C-STARS Baltimore and University of Maryland.
- Assess, prepare, complete, coordinate and submit protocol related documents to both local and military Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). Assure compliance of general and study specific regulatory related processes with Standard Operating Procedures, as well as FDA, NIH, and applicable regulations for the reporting of events to regulatory agencies. Prepare progress reports for the IRB/IACUC and provide auditing trails to assure protocol compliance. Maintain annual IRB approvals, amendments, and safety events, process data queries and ensure resolution. Identify problems and/or inconsistencies and monitor research participants' progress to include documentation and reporting of adverse events; recommend corrective action as appropriate. Assist in preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate.
- Screen patients for study enrollment, assist in obtaining informed consent, data collecting and maintaining databases. Follow participants' progress in the study, collect data, and enter data into databases. Coordinate and implement procedures to collect data from patient charts, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests and other sources. Code, evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare appropriate documentation, obtain blood samples, cultures, tissues and other specimens for laboratory analysis. Confer with principal investigators to assist in designing plans for research projects, discuss the interpretation of results and collaborate on the preparation of manuscripts for publication.
- Review and extract data from existing military and civilian databases for research and quality improvement. Maintain research databases utilizing various software types.
- Assist in training new personnel. Maintain essential staff documents and coordinate human protections training for personnel.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments with University of Maryland and 711 HPW organizations at Wright Patterson Air Force Base and any other appropriate organizations. Coordinate live model ordering and delivery as needed. Oversee the ordering of supplies & equipment needed for research projects and keep track of pending orders. This may require transport of government or university owned research equipment between various sites utilized by the CSTARS Baltimore training program for simulation research.
- Coordinate the development of data collection tools, questionnaires, databases and the application of research techniques. Assist in writing procedures manuals for data collection and coding. Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies. Assist in designing and completion of reports, and updates for government agencies quarterly, and upon request.
- Assist in writing and preparation of Research Grants and supporting documentation in accordance with the guidance/instructions provided in the solicitation. Prepare oral presentations or written reports and analyses setting forth progress, trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Assist in preparing briefing charts for 711 HPW Semi-Annual Reviews and AF/SGR Program Management Reviews in accordance with specified format that captures the cost, schedule and performance status of each project. Assist in drafting and/or reviewing written submissions for publication and or professional presentations.
- Compile and track databases, publications, budgets, inventory, and all other administrative details of multiple projects.
About ERP International, LLC
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide.
ERP's commitment and dedication to its customers was most recently reflected in an independent Dun and Bradstreet customer satisfaction rating in which ERP earned a customer satisfaction rating of 95 percent. Our exceptional customer rating ranks the company among the top five percent of all companies receiving the Dunn and Bradstreet rating. Washington Technology and Inc. Magazine have both ranked ERP among the fastest growing firms in the nation for 2014.
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k), training and education opportunities, and semi-monthly direct deposit.