ERP International is seeking a full time Radiology Technologists/X-Ray Tech in support of the San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) at Fort Sam Houston and their surrounding clinics in San Antonio, TX. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense job satisfaction and pride ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision and Health Savings Account available!
* Company Paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance!
* Matching 401K!
* Annual CME Stipend!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
* Duty Hours: Work schedule shall be as follows:
- Evening Shift: 3:30pm-12am (Monday-Friday, Tuesday-Saturday, and Sunday-Thursday)
- Night Shift: 11:30pm-8am (Monday-Friday, Tuesday-Saturday, and Sunday-Thursday)
- Regular Weekends on Some Shifts, Rotating Holidays
- All shifts to include a 30-minute uncompensated meal break as determined by the clinical department.
Job Specific Details and Tasks: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Primarily performs easy/moderate/difficult radiographic examinations. Receives patients, change patient out of clothing into appropriate gown/shorts as needed. Explains method of procedure, positions patients, selects and sets technical factors, sets up and adjusts accessory equipment as required, and makes exposures necessary for the requested procedures. Limits amount of repeated films.
• Assists radiologists with fluoroscopic and other special radiographic examinations, which require the administration of contrast material. These procedures include but not limited to: Linear tomography, Upper and Lower GI studies, Cystography, Hysterosalpingography, and Arthrography. Sets up the X-ray room. Assures that sterile supplies, procedure trays, contrast materials, catheters, and other required equipment are present and laid out. May prepare and administer contrast material under close supervision. Prepares patient, explains the procedure, sets up the radiographic room, assists the radiologist during the procedure and performs follow up films independently.
• Use Digital Imaging Network and Picture Archiving Communication System (DINPACS) to process images. Ensures all radiographs demonstrate the required anatomy for dictation by the radiologist. Performs radiographic examinations of the skull, chest, pelvis, spine, abdomen, and extremities on patients of all ages and demonstrates ability to adjust technical factors when unusual deviations from standard positioning and technical factors are necessary.
• Performs portable x-ray exams in the operating room and in other units of the hospital using the portable x-ray machine.
• Performs C-ARM procedures as requested by OR staff in the operating room. Performs O-ARM procedures as requested by staff in the operating room. Creates order in hospital system (CHCS) and ensures images are entered into the Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS).
• Consult with supervisors/Lead techs/QC tech in any unusual patient orders/exams.
• Complete mandatory Hospital and department training as assigned. Training is to be completed as soon as technologist is made aware and in a timely manner.
* Education: Completion of an accredited Radiology Technologist program or equivalent military training.
* Experience: Minimum 4 years’ experience, including experience in various departments
* Licensure: Possess current Rad Tech License in the State of Texas.
* Clinical Certification: Current ARRT Certification required.
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.