Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical Clinical Reviewer (SCR)
Travis AFB, CA
ERP International, LLC (www.erpinternational.com
) is currently seeking RN - Surgical Clinical Reviewers for full-time positions supporting the Air Force Medical Operations Agency (AFMOA). Please apply online to learn more about this great opportunity!
Education: BSN required; or will accept ASN with at least 6 months' experience as an NSQIP trained SCR.
License/Certification: Must hold an active, unrestricted RN license from any state; Basic Life Support (BLS); successful completion of the NSQIP SCR course within 90 days of hire or next available testing, if not already certified - course and certification are paid for
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Med-Surg, OR/Surgery, ER, or ICU setting
Security: Must be a US Citizen and able to pass a government background check.
Monday-Friday, 9 hour shifts inclusive of a one hour lunch, between 6:30am - 6:00pm
No Weekends or Holidays
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
- Responsible for executing SCR duties supporting the NSQIP®.
- Identifies eligible surgical patients for inclusion in the NSQIP® registry through application of strict inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- Collects pre-operative, operative, and post-operative data components for the program through effective utilization of the hospital medical record system and software applications.
- Meets the NSQIP® case per year accrual requirement, using the correct application of the program's randomization protocol, directed by the NSQIP® guidelines. Identifies areas for streamlining/process improvements in the data collection process.
- Develops and designs systems that elicit the support necessary to obtain valid and reliable data for entry into the NSQIP® database.
- Validates and develops corrective actions as necessary for correct computer entry of NSQIP® data elements.
- Examines present processes and systems utilized locally in implementing the NSQIP® and institutes needed changes.
- The contractor shall utilize telephone conference calls, e-mail, and standard mail to share information and ensure timely communication.
- Analyzes NSQIP® and reports findings to MTF Surgeon Champion and others for the purpose of improving patient care management at the service/facility level.
- Reviews weekly site accrual reports and responds to accrual report alerts. Develops data to benchmark, compare volume, patient risk profiles, and risk-adjusted outcomes to national average and to the averages in their peer group of hospitals.
- Contacts patients/families post-operatively to identify possible occurrences associated with surgical procedures performed at the hospital.
- Develops/evaluates clinical practice or patient care outcomes using NSQIP® data.
- Provides clear, precise, and clinically accurate summaries of NSQIP® review findings including their significance and implications to leadership, the Chief of Surgery and other hospital personnel, as requested by the COR (Up to eight (8) hours per month per SCR).
- Acts as a consultant at the service/facility on the NSQIP®; possesses the analytical ability to correlate clinical diagnoses and research symptoms with established diagnostic and treatment modalities and applies this to NSQIP® reviews.
- Establishes relationships facility-wide with healthcare team to effectively communicate with professional, technical, and administrative personnel.
- Serves as the consultant at the facility level for surgical staff and others related to the NSQIP®.
- Assists in identifying and implementing interdisciplinary projects through findings from NSQIP®, research, and quality assessment studies.
- Actively involved in planning NSQIP® educational activities to improve the clinical knowledge, skills and abilities of MTF staff. Serves as an educational resource on the NSQIP® for internal/external audiences by developing educational materials and delivering presentations.
- Plans, contributes to, and attends focused medical reviews and concurrent retrospective reviews related to the NSQIP® at the facility level.
- Presents data and surgical information to the assigned command leadership team and various quality councils/committees/functions at each MTF.
- Attends meetings related to conduct of NSQIP® duties as directed by the COR.
- Attends NSQIP® annual conference. Expenses associated with conference attendance are the Contractor’s responsibility.
About ERP International, LLC
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide.
ERP's commitment and dedication to its customers was most recently reflected in an independent Dun and Bradstreet customer satisfaction rating in which ERP earned a customer satisfaction rating of 95 percent. Our exceptional customer rating ranks the company among the top five percent of all companies receiving the Dunn and Bradstreet rating. Washington Technology and Inc. Magazine have both ranked ERP among the fastest growing firms in the nation for 2014.
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k), training and education opportunities, and semi-monthly direct deposit.