ERP International is seeking part time Anesthesia Technicians/Technologists to work PRN and weekends in support of Surgical Services at Naval Medical Center (NMC) San Diego, CA.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense job satisfaction and pride ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
About ERP International, LLC:
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
* Duty Hours: 1) Part Time/PRN work schedule shall be as follows; a) Dayshift, Monday-Friday between 7:30am - 3:30pm, b) Evening Shift, Monday-Friday between 3:30pm - 11:30pm, c) Night Shift, Monday-Friday between 11:30pm-7:30am. 2) Part-Time/PRN staff may work any shift. 3) Occasional overtime (time and one-half) and rotating weekends and/or holidays (1 in 10).
* Place of Performance: The work to be performed will be in support of Surgical Services at Naval Medical Center (NMC) San Diego, CA
Job Specific Details and Tasks: The type of work may include, but is not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for setting up anesthesia equipment in each operating room prior to the beginning of the scheduled OR day to include: an anesthesia machine, breathing circuits, a wide variety of patient monitors, suction and other disposable or re-cleanable equipment that might be required. Personnel are required to maintain a standard anesthesia “Blue Bell” cart to ensure all appropriate drugs and supplies are available to the anesthesia providers for use in other locations within the facility. Remove all special and reusable equipment after completion of case and responsible for cleaning equipment in accordance with Hospital Infection Control policies for prevention of disease transmission.
• Set up IV lines and pressure lines for specialty cases including central venous pressure, arterial and pulmonary artery catheters, and calibrate cardiac output equipment catheters. This will be done in conjunction with assisting anesthesia providers in placement of various invasive monitors to include central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, and arterial lines. This will require an understanding of sterile technique. Personnel will also be required to perform laboratory tests in these same specialty cases as agreed upon by Anesthesia and Laboratory Services.
• Be available to respond to anesthesia supply and equipment requests while surgical cases are ongoing. This requires careful and thoughtful response to a wide variety of requests often in stressful and urgent situations.
• Develop knowledge of equipment including (but not limited to) anesthesia machines, electronic monitoring equipment and optical diagnostic equipment. This is in order to conduct basic quality control and troubleshoot said equipment.
• Understand and operate the auto transfusion machine (cell saver) and related equipment in both scheduled and emergent surgical cases.
• Be able to respond to remote areas of the medical center within a timely manner to include but not limited to Medical Emergencies, diagnostic radiology suites and out of the OR anesthesia sites.
• In addition, personnel must be willing to perform other anesthesia related duties when called upon.
• Maintain professional competency through active participation in independent study, cross training, inservices, seminars, symposiums, grand rounds, and dialogue with colleagues.
• Maintain active security clearance in accordance with the Commands regulation to access computer systems and IT related software such as Email, CHCS, AHLTA, and Essentris.
• Maintain required documentation to include but not limited to; Daily Code Cart checks, Daily Room/Offsite location “Stocking checklist/reports and Training Reports.
• Be able to provide services that require long hours of continuous activity, often working in cramped spaces while other operating equipment is in use and be able to push and lift heavy anesthesia equipment to and from remote locations in the hospital and assist with the transport of patients.
• Be able to provide services that require exposes personnel to contagious and potentially fatal diseases including but not limited to HIV and Hepatitis through patient contact. Personnel will also be exposed frequently to high levels of radiation from diagnostic radiology equipment in the execution of their duties.
* Education: Minimum HS Diploma; Completion of an Anesthesia Technician/Technologist training program, or verifiable on-the-job training.
* Experience: Minimum 1 year recent experience performing as an Anesthesia Technologist or Technician.
* Clinical Certification: ASATT Certification preferred, but not mandatory.
* Life Support Certification: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider certification.
* Must be a U.S citizen and possess ability to pass a background check/security clearance.