ERP International is seeking a full time Physician, Pulmonologist/Critical Care in support Langley AFB Hospital, Langley AFB, Hampton, VA. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional practice opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense job satisfaction and pride ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation!
* Full Time Position Day Shift, Monday – Friday! See below work and on-call schedule for additional details.
* Rotating On-Call, with Minimal Overage/Call-Back
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
* Duty Hours: Work schedule shall be an eight (8) hour shift between the hours of 0730 - 1630 Monday-Friday, to include a one-hour uncompensated meal break as determined by the clinical department.
* On-Call Schedule: Rotating On-Call, with minimal Overage/Call-Back hours.
Practice Specific Details and Tasks: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Diagnoses and treats diseases.
• Prepares and reviews case histories and clinical records.
• Orders diagnostic procedures including x-ray examinations, clinical laboratory tests, pulmonary function tests, performs critical care services and possibly sleep studies.
• Interprets test results, evaluates examination findings and treats.
• Prescribes such treatment for internal diseases as drugs, physical therapy, and dietary regimens.
• Coordinates pulmonary services with other medical activities.
• Provides inpatient pulmonary and critical care services during normally scheduled hours of performance, to include on-call hours when applicable.
• Participates in pulmonary clinic and intensive care unit process improvement projects as appropriate.
• Follows the policies and MTF clinical practice guidelines of the pulmonary clinic and intensive care unit.
• Performs the full range of pulmonary critical care procedures including but not limited to central venous catheter placement, arterial line placement, intubation, bronchoscopy with fluoroscopy, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis and cricothycrotomy.
• Provides medical oversight for the respiratory therapy function which includes pulmonary function testing and other pulmonary services.
• Consults with appropriate specialists as the situation dictates.
• Writes initial admission and daily inpatient care orders as required.
• Prescribes and administers drugs on an as needed basis.
• Performs all other duties as appropriate to this profession.
* Education: MD or DO Degree.
* Residency/Fellowship: Successful completion of a Residency or Fellowship in Internal Medicine.
* Experience: At least 24 months experience within the last 36 months; may include residency training.
* Licensure/Registration: 1) Active/Unrestricted Physician license from any state. 2) License must correspond to Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number.
* Clinical Board Certification: Current Board Certified in Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Life Support (PALS) certifications.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.