ERP International, LLC (www.erpinternational.com) is currently seeking a Java Developer for a full-time position supporting FEMA within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Education: BS or BA in Computer Science or related field .or 3-8 year’s experience in Software Development
- Minimum 3 year’s experience of hands on development experience with open source Java Stack
- Deep Understanding and experience with designing and implementing highly scalable web applications in a cloud environment
- Minimum 3 year’s Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services
- Familiar with agile incremental delivery approach which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested J2EE applications component delivery every 2 weeks
- Familiar with J2EE/Java Frameworks, programming experience and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java Development, automated unit testing and troubleshooting responsibilities
- Minimum 3 year’s Experience with object-oriented programming or an entire software development life cycle in an academic or professional environment
- Security: US Citizen, and ability to pass DHS EOD Process, Active DHS EOD/Public Trust (preferred)
Normal Business Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
- Responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java Applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST) and reusable components to support overall projects objectives
- Participate in peer reviews and unit resting
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional testing duties and part of incremental feature development
- Adheres to, promotes and maintain development standards and best practices, participates in regular code reviews
- Assists development/test teams in activities with acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
About ERP International, LLC
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 28 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is a Small Business headquartered in Laurel, MD. ERP maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide.
ERP's commitment and dedication to its customers was most recently reflected in an independent Dun and Bradstreet customer satisfaction rating in which ERP earned a customer satisfaction rating of 95 percent. Our exceptional customer rating ranks the company among the top five percent of all companies receiving the Dunn and Bradstreet rating. Washington Technology and Inc. Magazine have both ranked ERP among the fastest growing firms in the nation for 2014.
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k), training and education opportunities, and semi-monthly direct deposit.