ERP International, LLC (www.erpinternational.com
) is currently seeking an ICU Nurse for a full-time position supporting the Eglin AFB Hospital near Fort Walton Beach, FL. Please apply online or contact our Recruiter at (301) 490-0080 x217 to learn more about this great opportunity!
License/Certification Requirements: Active, Unrestricted RN License from any state, BLS, ACLS and PALS
Education Requirements: Graduate of an accredited National League of Nursing (NLN) School
Experience Requirements: Minimum of (2) years experience with at least (1) year in a critical care area of (4) or more beds. One year of experience must have occurred within the last five years.
Security Requirements: must be able to pass a government background check
Schedule: Varies, required to rotate days/nights (80 hours/bi-weekly (occasional overtime); 8-12 hour shifts
Required to work holidays and weekends
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k) and semi-monthly direct deposit.
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
The ICU Critical Care Nurse will treat and receive patients, prepare and maintain records, pull and file patient medical records, perform basic secretarial skills, handle telephone calls and written correspondence, serve as a liaison between physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and other medical staff. The ICU Critical Care Nurse will be able to accomplish the following tasks; critical care medications (monitor/mix, administer titrate), dysrhythmia recognition, arterial blood gas interpretation, hemodynamic pressure interpretation, assists with synchronized cardioversion, perform emergency defibrillation (with knowledgeable use of defibrillation machine), administer thrombolytic agents, perform the postoperative recovery and discharge within established criteria. The ICU Critical Care Nurse will possess knowledge of the pharmacology of most commonly used emergency drugs, anticipated results, usual dosages and their location on crash cart and will be able to administer medications. Must perform arterial punctures, draw blood from invasive monitoring lines, assist with temporary pacemaker insertion, apply noninvasive external monitoring lines, assist with temporary pacemaker insertion, apply noninvasive external pacemaker, obtain hemodynamic variables. The ICU Critical Nurse will interpret lab values, care for patients with Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines, mechanical ventilators, and give inhalation therapy treatments with knowledge of medications utilized. Must provide intensive care nursing to critically ill patients of all ages with medical and/or surgical problems and/or AIDS-related problems, administer prescribed medications to include multiple medication drips and intravenous push drugs, care for patients on ventilators, operate hemodynamic equipment safely and effectively. The ICU Critical Care Nurse will receive patients in a courteous and professional manner. The ICU Critical Care Nurse will take patient histories and vital signs, explain treatment procedures, prep patients for examination, documents the information in the patients medical record, updates Department of Defense form 2766 or equivalent and assist the provider during exams. The ICU Critical Care Nurse has knowledge of interpersonal relationships and the ability to maintain composure and react appropriately while reacting to patients and families; to manage distraught, irritable, unreasonable or angry individuals and to maintain positive rapport with all individuals involved in patient care. The ICU Critical Care Nurse should have the ability to acquire and use basic computer skills to enter patient data and extract patient information using Computer Health Care System (CHCS), Preventive Health Assessment Individual Medical Record (PIMR), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (ALTHA) and Essentris Inpatient Documentation System.
- The ICU nurse shall seek and maintain interpersonal relationships with clients/families and co-workers which contribute to mission accomplishment.
- The ICU nurse shall respond appropriately to emergencies and initiate life saving measures in the absence of a physician.
- The ICU nurse shall be cognizant of patient and staff safety through safety awareness, proper infection control and promotion of clean, orderly clinic environment. The ICU nurse shall recognize, report and correct potential safety hazards.
- The ICU nurse in partnership with the military staff be assigned to a medical disaster/contingency team and participate in monthly training sessions or scheduled mass casualty exercises held at the MTF.
- The ICU nurse shall perform administrative duties that may include monthly peer review, maintaining records of his or her clinical workload, participating in medical education programs, and participating in quality improvement functions and other duties as prescribed by the Flight Commander.
- The ICU nurse's productivity is expected to be comparable to that of other comparable positions assigned to the same clinic and authorized the same scope of care.
- The ICU nurse shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF to include but not limited to: timeliness, legibility, accuracy, content, and signature. Only MTF and Air Force approved abbreviations can be used in the documentation of care in the health record.
- the ICU nurse shall not recommend to the patient that he/she consult a specific practitioner or use a specific practice.
- The ICU nurse shall be responsible for creating, maintaining,, and disposing of only those Government required records which are specified by the 96 Medical Group (MDG).
- The ICU nurse shall treat patient lists, no matter how developed, as privileged information. Lists and/or names of patients shall not be disclosed to or revealed in any way for any use outside the MTF without prior written permission by the Chief of Hospital Services.
- The ICU nurse shall respect and maintain the basic rights of patients, demonstrating concern for personal dignity and human relationships. Providers receiving complaints validated by the Quality Assurance Person (QAP) and Chief of the Medical Staff shall be subject to counseling and, depending on the nature and severity of the complaint, separation from performing services under this contract.
- The ICU nurse shall only release medical information obtained during the course of this contract to other MTF staff involved in the care and treatment of that individual patient.
- The ICU nurse shall maintain open and professional communication with members of the MTF.
- The ICU nurse shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF to include but not limited to timeliness, legibility, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force approved abbreviations may be used in documentation of care in the health care record. The ICU nurse shall ensure complete patient identifying information is on all documentation that is to become part of a health record.
- The ICU nurse will include information such as name, degree, specialty, office telephone and fax number, and licensing information. Additional education and training information and links to health information obtained by the ICU nurse is encouraged.
- The ICU nurse shall be expected to attend staff meetings as required by the Critical Care Flight Commander and Medical Director.
- The ICU nurse will be required to attend Squadron or Group Commander Calls as directed.
About ERP International, LLC
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 28 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is a Small Business headquartered in Laurel, MD. ERP maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide.
ERP's commitment and dedication to its customers was most recently reflected in an independent Dun and Bradstreet customer satisfaction rating in which ERP earned a customer satisfaction rating of 95 percent. Our exceptional customer rating ranks the company among the top five percent of all companies receiving the Dunn and Bradstreet rating. Washington Technology and Inc. Magazine have both ranked ERP among the fastest growing firms in the nation for 2014.
ERP is an equal opportunity employer.
ERP offers exceptional benefits, including competitive compensation, Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, a matching 401(k), training and education opportunities, and semi-monthly direct deposit.