Job Specific Duties:
• Perform a full range of physical therapist services in accordance with the scope of clinical privileges granted by the MTF.
• Plan and prepare written treatment programs based on an evaluation of the patient.
• Administer manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
• Instruct, motivate, and assist patients in performing various physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, daily-living activities, and in use of assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
• Administer soft tissue mobilization, applying knowledge of mobilization techniques and body physiology.
• Administer traction to relieve pain, using traction equipment.
• Record treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart and/or automated systems.
• Coordinate treatment with physician and other staff members to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of the patient's health care. Contact referring physicians regarding patient care concerns, as required.
• Perform prevention and wellness activities, education, screening, and promote positive health behaviors.