Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
Schedule may vary slightly dependent upon need
On-Call required for the Mental health Clinic - regular rotation, with minimal call-back
No Holidays or Weekends, unless On-Call
Job Specific Tasks:
- The Contractor personnel shall provide for patients as scheduled by the Government.
- Examines, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats psychiatric disorders.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains and evaluates data through interview techniques.
- Diagnoses psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes and evaluates effectiveness of a wide range of therapeutic measures.
- Recommends disposition of psychiatric cases.
- Advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of mental disorders.
- Serves as medical and psychiatric consultant to clinical psychologists and clinical social workers.
- Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours and professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities such as, but not limited to the following: Quality Improvement meeting, professional staff meetings, Commander's staff meetings, Mental Health Flight meetings, safety huddles and others required by applicable regulations, MTF guidance, or as directed by the Mental Health Flight Commander or his/her designated representative.
- Advises on kind and quantity of psychiatric supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates psychiatric services with other medical facilities.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the Mental Health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Participates in military specific training (e.g., training to perform Command Directed Evaluations, security clearances, Military Training Instructor clearances, pre-post deployment screening, PTSD, and combat stress).
- Performs computer operations and be proficient in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and electronic medical records.
- Producing a monthly average of patient visits and Relevant Value Units (RVUs) consistent with department norms.