ERP International is seeking a full time Physician, Invasive Cardiologist in support of Eglin Hospital, Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL. Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional practice opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense job satisfaction and pride ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation!
* Sign-On Bonus/Relocation Assistance Available!
* Realistic Patient Volumes!
* Outstanding Staff of Mid-Level Providers and RNs!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Work and Call Schedule:
* Duty Hours: The Cardiologist will be on duty for a minimum of 40 hours per week, not including on call. Routine work hours will be scheduled by the Chief of Cardiology to correspond with the needs of the department. Scheduled shifts are normally Monday through Friday between the hours of 0630-1730. Schedules may vary to accommodate demand. The contracted Cardiologist will be scheduled for outpatient, inpatient, and procedural visits, Monday through Friday 9 hours per day (to include a one hour, non-paid, lunch break).
* On-Call/Call Back Hours: Rotating On-Call, with minimal Overage/Call-Back hours.
Practice Specific Details and Tasks: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform a full range of physician services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF.
• Direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals within the scope of the clinical privileges or responsibilities.
• Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment within the scope of training, experience, and privileges. These services shall include, but are not limited to ECG interpretation, exercise treadmill testing, exercise and chemical nuclear perfusion testing, ambulatory Holter and event monitoring, trans-thoracic echocardiography (TTE), trans-esophageal echocardiography (TEE), and diagnostic cardiac catheterization. Permanent pacemaker implantation is desired, but not required.
• Provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
• Order diagnostic tests as applicable as well as request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
• Technically proficient in directing and teaching other medical staff, providing educational lectures and participating in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols.
• Shall see new patient consults and established follow-up clinic visits.
• Shall respond to telephone consults.
• Shall coordinate cardiology services with other medical activities in accordance with MTF policies and regulations. The Cardiologist shall also consult with other specialty practitioners for consultative opinions and continuation of care as required for patient care.
* Degree/Education: MD or DO Degree.
* Residency/Fellowship: Successful completion of a Residency in Internal Medicine and completion of a Fellowship in Cardiology.
* Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience within the last 3 years in General Invasive Cardiology - may include residency.
* Licensure/Registration: 1)Shall have and maintain an active, valid unrestricted, physician license from any US State. 2) License must correspond to Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number.
* Clinical Certification: Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess and maintain a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.