ERP International is seeking a full time Physician Assistant, PA-C in support of the Cardiology Clinic at Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center, Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care talent at Nellis AFB. Come discover the immense job satisfaction and pride ERP Employees have in caring for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Day Shift, 0730 -1630 Monday – Friday!
* NO Weekends, No Call!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time and 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Company Paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance!
* Matching 401K!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity at Nellis AFB! www.erpinternational.com
About ERP International, LLC:
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Job Specific Details and Tasks: The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• PA shall provide care to patients eligible to receive care at the MTF according to established MTF and Air Force guidelines.
• The PA shall take patient histories, perform physical examinations, formulate treatment plans, order and perform cardiac testing (including stress testing and ECG interpretation) and disposition patients on completion of evaluation. Patient encounters will include mostly inpatient (both initial and follow-up), but some outpatient and Emergency Department evaluations as well.
• The PA shall act under the supervision of the attending cardiologist.
• The PA shall confer with staff physicians as appropriate.
• The PA shall complete all patient notes/reports in accordance with local policies and procedures.
• The cardiology PA duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Routine Clinic: Initial evaluation, consultation, and follow-up care including pacemaker clinics, performance and interpretation of noninvasive cardiology evaluation including EKGs, Holter monitors, echocardiograms and treadmills, and follows and provide medical care for the internal medicine problems of cardiology patients.
* Inpatient Services: Inpatient consultation services during normally scheduled hours of performance and follow-on care of inpatients under the supervision of the cardiologist.
• Participation in teaching programs which includes the following: Family Medicine Residency.
• Perform the following as the situation dictates: consult with appropriate specialists, write initial admission orders, utilize paraprofessionals as appropriate, respond to and provide management of cardiopulmonary arrests, initially interpret: electrocardiograms, exercise stress tests, and Holter monitor tests/cardiac monitoring, and prescribe and administer drugs.
• Ensure a safe work environment and safe employee work habits.
• Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered in accordance with established procedures and utilizing the current medical information systems and electronic health record.
• Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care conferences, professional peer review, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of services as determined by the supervisor.
• Knowledge of the principles of the specialization being filled (e.g. clinical, preventive medicine, including aviation medicine, occupational medicine and public health, research, teaching or training, disability evaluation, or administration) gained by experience performing diagnostic, preventive, or therapeutic services to patients in hospitals, clinics, public health programs, diagnostic centers, etc.
• Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, standards and instructions that govern medical practices.
• Ability to instruct, guide, and advise providers, clinical/administrative support staff and/or patients on medical issues.
• Possess a basic understanding of outpatient coding and medical informatics
• Shall have basic computer skills, to include: data entry, electronic mail and word/excel.
• Scheduled Absences. Scheduled absences shall be scheduled at least 30 calendar days in advance and mutually agreed upon by the Contract Officer Representative (COR). The contractor shall provide replacement personnel for all scheduled absences.
• Department/clinic supervisory personnel will monitor provider performance through peer review, productivity reports, government information systems and records, patient records, customer service information, contractor reports, and time sheets.
* Education: Must have graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
* Experience: 1) Minimum of 2 years full-time experience practicing as a PA within the last 3 years. 2) Cardiology experience preferred. 3) Must have stress test experience.
* Licensure: Must have an active, unrestricted Physician Assistant license in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Clinical Certification: Possess a current NCCPA certification
* Life Support Certifications: Possess and maintain current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications. Note: May obtain upon acceptance, prior to start date.
* Must be a U.S citizen and possess ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
Staffing and Scheduling:
* Duty Hours: Work schedule shall be between the hours of 0730 - 1630 Monday-Friday, to include a one-hour uncompensated meal break as determined by the clinical department.
* Place of Performance: The work to be performed will be in the Cardiology Clinic at the Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center, Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV.